During the 1930’s, President Franklin D. Roosevelt created the Soil Conservation Service as part of the New Deal Program that helped landowners become proactive in taking care of their land. To incorporate local involvement, Soil Conservation Districts were set up to be a liaison between the federal government and local farmers and landowners. A district is defined by each county's boundaries. Each district is governed by a board with both elected and appointed supervisors. The board members meet once a month to discuss current contracts for technical assistance and grant requests, as well as other topics that need board approval.

 

scd board

Vice-Chairman Carl Brown, Secretary Danny Sain, Chairman Samuel W. Coats III, Supervisor Bob Davis, and Treasurer Larry Hasty